Saturday, October 16, 2010

FAVE PLACES TO READ

What are your favourite places to read?

Personally, I am not able to read in libraries (even if I love them) because I get easily distracted.

But I absolutely LOVE reading outdoors: by the sea (it' a luxury), in the garden, in the woods, or in a nice lookout point (in Ribeira the Frog's lookout point is nice... if the wind doesn't blow your book away).

I also HATE waiting, so taking a book with me helps time go by faster (at the bank, while on a plane/train, or even waiting for the traffic lights to turn green).

What about reading outloud or telling stories? Love it! And kids are the best audience, you can read every reaction on their faces. Unique feeling.

Come on!! What are YOUR favourite places to read?

3 comments:

  1. In springtime and summer I like reading in the garden, in the shade. In winter, I like reading in my living room. Impossible for me to read in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading in bed best, and feeling myself drifting off with a book in my hands…I also love reading outdoors (in the shade!) But most often I read fiction with an analytic mind, so I need to sit upright in a chair with my book (and a notebook) on a study table. And of course the train! I’ve read many many books in my train journeys; unless crowded, the train, in my view, is another great place to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, let's face it, the best place to read is on the the toilet. Every bathroom should have a bookshelf built-in. High thoughts going in on the top end .... (I'll let you finish the rest).

    ReplyDelete