Thursday, November 29, 2012

YOUR IDEAL BOOKSHELF



Do you know this website? 
If you had to choose just 12 or fewer books that mean the most to you, the ones you'd have on your "ideal bookshelf" – what would they be, and why?

What would I include in mine?

The Bible

Pippi Longstockings (Astrid Lindgren)
A big visual book (either Magritte, photography (Chema Madoz), impressionist painting)
El Cuento Infinito (Poldy Bird)
A compilation of American short stories
A compilation of poems 
My compilation of recipes (it's a book after all)
A Henning Mankell that I haven't read yet
A Niccoló Ammaniti
Whatever book we're reading in our book club, of course


That's what I can think of off the top of my head. YOUR TURN!





2 comments:

  1. Nice post, Diana!
    Here goes my bookshelf:
    - Dracula by Bram Stocker.
    - The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter.
    - The Complete Works of Sarah Kane.
    - El Amor, las mujeres y la Vida by Mario Benedetti
    - Any novel by Jane Austen
    - Any short story (horror or detective) by Sherlock Holmes.
    - Shakespeare's Hamlet and Henri Muller's Hamletmachine
    - Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
    - Tales of the Unexpected by Roald Dahl ;-)
    - La vie devant soi by Romain Gary
    - Le passe muraille by Marcel Aymé
    - Historias de Cronopios y de Famas by Cortázar.
    I can't add more than 12, can I?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a post that most certainly deserves a comment:

    1. Perfume-Patrick Susking (you'll never stop sniffing stuff after this one).

    2. Beat the Reaper-Josh Bazell (kind of like watching a Taratino film for the first time.)

    3. Name of the Rose (great metaphor on knowledge and words)

    4. The Brooklyn Follies-Paul Auster (I'm very partial to Auster, it could have been another but what a storyteller).

    5. 100 Years of Solitude-Gabriel García Márquez-(Macondo opened up a world for me).

    6. Love in the Time of Cholera (Márquez once again at his finest).

    7. Tales of the Unexpected-Roald Dahl (I agree with the previous comment-twisted mind.)

    8. Don Quixote-Miguel de Cervantes (now we can't forget about the first modern and most brilliant novel, can we?).

    9. The Hobbit-J.R.R. Tolkein (This may not be Tolkein's finest work but it is for me the beginning of my reading journey.)

    10. Do I have to choose? The Great Gatsby (The Jazz Age) or how about Catcher in the Rye?

    ReplyDelete