Sunday, December 11, 2011

WRITING - Connections


Researcher of Medieval manuscripts Wendy Stein discusses her fascination with writing and its history.

"If somebody hands me something that I need to sign and hands me a ballpoint pen, I will reject it."

Over 400 Xmas card every year!! OMG.

But I do like pens with a continuous flow too and FONTS!

I've kept a journal since I was 9, I keep writing letters and postcards and I love anything that's handwritten (with only ONE exception to this rule). I can see how my handwriting has evolved in so many ways, ant it's actually kind of funny to see the e-/in-volution.

The idea she mentions about "Your personhood conveyed through handwriting", I personally think it's BEAUTIFUL.

What do you think about writing? Handwriting? What about your writing experience?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely post!
    I must admit I prefer handwriting, it's more intimate, more "personal". I like the idea of the ink flowing and the hand guiding the flow while writing. I guess handwriting not only changes from person to person, but within a person's life, from period to period, even from text to text. Handwriting is unique, different every time we write. Something which is lost when typing...

    ReplyDelete