Monday, October 29, 2012

EUROPEAN DETECTIVE FICTION


Crime fiction is a magnifying glass that reveals the fingerprints of history. From Holmes and Poirot to Montalbano and the rise of Scandi-noir, Mark Lawson investigates the long tradition of European super-sleuths and their role in turbulent times.

An extremely interesting article. Read it here.

I didn't know this word: "scandi-noir", did you? Also, how do you like crime fiction? I started liking it when I was about 9 years old and my parents bought Agatha Christie's Miss Marple's collection for me. After that, Conan Doyle followed, Edgar Allan Poe, Raymond Chandler, and J.C. Oates. 

Four years ago or so I rekindled that passion for crime fiction with Stieg Larsson and when I discovered Henning Mankell, well, it was pure enjoyment (still is!).

And you, do you enjoy crime fiction? What's your favourite book/author?


No comments:

Post a Comment